Accessibility Statement for WCEA
This is an accessibility statement from Washington County Education Association.
Measures to support accessibility
Washington County Education Association takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of WCEA:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. WCEA is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Images of text are only used for decorative purposes. Re-authentication after a session expires does not cause loss of data. Some videos have sign language interpretation. Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Text images are only used for decorative purposes. Re-authentication, after a session expires, does not cause loss of data. Some videos have sign language interpretation.
An online tool has also been installed that allows users to change certain features on the website to help comply with their accessibility needs.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of WCEA. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on WCEA:
- Phone: 850-260-9451
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We try to respond to feedback within 4 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
WCEA is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The site is expected to work with all modern browsers and all commonly used assistive technologies.
WCEA is not compatible with:
- Browsers older than 3 major versions” or “Mobile operating systems older than 5 years”
Accessibility of WCEA relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of WCEA , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for WCEA:
- Uploaded images may not have text alternatives.: We cannot ensure the quality of contributions because . . .
- We cannot ensure the quality of contributions.: We cannot ensure the quality of contributions because . . .
Washington County Education Association assessed the accessibility of WCEA by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
- A formal quality assurance process throughout the design and development process by Ruby Web Marketing LLC.
This statement was created on 29 June 2023.